Tuk-Tuk Forum

Full Version: Flash TukTuk (He saved every 1 of us)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I'm new here, but I'm based in Sri Lanka currently, but the adventure has to come to an end and I'm a few weeks away from coming back to the UK. Glory be. In the same way as I don't really like the thought of leaving my cat behind (he's coming with - via 6 months in quarantine), I don't really like the thought of leaving Flash here to rust either. Flash is a Bajaj RE 4 stroke, 173cc three wheeler. We've done 12,000km together over the past 9 months and we've seen a lot of action thanks to some crazy Lankan drivers.

So rather than sell him, I've had a crazy idea of shipping him back to the UK and using him for my business. It would be brilliant, but I understand that there's some red tape involved - something called an IVA test?

Can anyone enlighten me as to:

a - what this is
b - where it is done
c - how much is costs
d - will it need to be crash tested?
e - is there anyone out there who can take care of this for me
f - what changes need to be made to this tuktuk to meet the requirements for the UK?

Lots of questions I know, but I'm certain this will be worth while. Flash is very dear to me and if anyone can help out I'll be so pleased.

Many thanks

Stu
Reference URL's